Monday, February 8, 2010

Cheesecake

We went to dinner with Greg's brother and his wife on Friday night, at a new restaurant at The Bravern in Bellvue, called John Howie.

Our personal reviews were mixed...Greg's brother and his wife, who have been to The Metropolitan Grill several times, said it wasn't as good as The Met. Greg enjoyed his dinner, and I loved mine. I had the Jumbo Garlic Scampi, and it was delicious. Perfectly cooked, with a really yummy sauce made of white wine, sweet butter, garlic, and herbs.

But the best part was dessert. We were in a hurry to leave (we were going to the UW basketball game after dinner), but I talked them into sharing a piece of cheesecake. And oh my goodness, was it gooooood. I wish I had brought my camera...it was an individual cake, about 4 inches in diameter, and it was scrumptious. It melted in my mouth like butter....devine.

Here's the closest picture I could find online (John Howie doesn't have photos online, but they do have a website-- http://www.johnhowiesteak.com/). If nothing else, go there for dessert!

And here's a link to the recipe page where the photo is from:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/mini-cheesecakes-recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment